About the Candidate
I have over twenty years’ experience in Government, Labor and NonProfit Administration. I’ve worked with community leaders helping bring an enterprise center to Kekaha; and, a certified kitchen and solar farm to Anahola. I’ve also worked with community organizations promoting sustainable agriculture, civil rights, youth & community programming and renewable energy.
● Anahola Hawaiian Homes Association / Solar Advisory Committee
● Homestead Community Development Corporation
● Kaua`i North Shore Community Foundation
● Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays Kaua`i Chapter
● Pride At Work Hawai`i Kaua`i Chapter
Education An honors student at...
● Immaculate Conception School
● The Kamehameha Schools
● The University of the Pacific
(B.S. Business Administration)
KipuKai was raised in a large, working class, sugar plantation family in Old Puhi Camp by parents (Patricia CARVALHO & Wilfred KUALI`I) who taught them to be resourceful, work hard and take care of our island and each other.
His dad, a pure Hawaiian adopted son of the Corr (Makanui) family, grew up in the taro patches and salt ponds of Hanapepe. He shared with them those experiences along with his proficiency as a paniolo (cowboy), hunter, fisherman and gardener.
The family never knew times were hard because of all that Kaua`i provided them. On the Council, KipuKai will fight to protect our, agricultural lands, natural resources and public access for future generations to enjoy and rely on as they did.